- Former Saison sushi chef goes back to his roots and buys Hamano (yay!) [Eater]
- Spotted in the Whole Foods parking lot [jboitnott]
- Chez Marius is open for lunch and dinner in the former Le Zinc space [Hoodline]
- “Noe Valley where no affordable housing projects ever get built” [Beyond Chron]
- Prancer spotted on 24th St [itshildap]
- Holiday lights [jezolo]
December 18, 2016
December 10, 2016
The latest news from, about and for Noe Valley from around the interwebs:
- Baron’s Meats is taking over the old Drewe’s Meats space, opening in Feb (yay!) [@OmnivoreBooks]
- Phase 1: Open the shop Phase 2: Sandwiches Phase 3: Craft beer and wine (double yay!) [@BarronsonChurch]
- Uma Casa Portuguese restaurant opening very soon [Hoodline]
- The disappearance of SF’s middle class illustrated with maps [Nick Conway]
- Noe Valley residents evacuated after a gas main break near Noe and Hill Streets [Examiner]
- Coming soon to Whole Foods Noe Valley? [@newmike]
- Long time resident blogs about his favorites spots in Noe [DanielWPolk]
- Does your tap water taste weird? Here’s why [Hoodline]
- Worse than Santacon: Man in Santa hat caught on video burglarizing Noe Valley home [NBC]
- Changes at Le Zinc which will become a new bistro called Chez Marius [@rosewinegirl, Tablehopper]
- James Lick playground is a Christmas tree lot again [bibi_guansen]
- Tom and Jerry’s giant Christmas display is up ("All-American xmas, installed by Mexican workers") [ladiani]
- Did you feel the earthquake? [@iveyjannnette_207]
- We live here [joeychanrealtor]
- Noe Valley’s painted ladies [emdnyc]
December 3, 2016
The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year and has been a neighborhood fixture since 1977. Here are notable highlights from the latest issue. Links are to stories we've covered here on NVSF or other resources. Follow the NVV link at the bottom for full articles and all the ads.
December / January 2016
Front Page: A roundup of meal delivery services like Caviar, Sprig and Franny's Kitchen; a profile of retired local Kaiser doc Dr. Don Barole, co-medical director of Homeless Connect; the controversial Noe Courts makeover should be done in Jan/Feb.
Letters: Fan mail from a church St. resident who has been reading the Noe Valley Voice since it's first issue (May 1977); a call for tutors for James Lick Middle School; a Noe St resident who urges neighbors to consider giving disaster preparedness gifts (flashlights, emergency kits, NERT training) for the holidays.
Cost of Living in Noe: Three luxury home sales in Oct bumped the average price for a Noe home back up to $2.7 million - the most expensive of which sold for $4.3 million.
Features: A local teen disappointed by this year's election results is selling art to benefit Planned Parenthood.
[The Noe Valley Voice]